In May of 2013 AMSOIL released a study of their Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil tested against synthetic offerings from nine popular competitors by an independent, third party laboratory.
The competitors tested in the report are:
- Mobil 1™ Extended Performance
- Royal Purple High Performance Motor Oil
- Lucas Synthetic
- Red Line High Performance Motor Oil
- Castrol Edge® with Titanium Fluid Strength Technology®
- Pennzoil Ultra™
- Petro-Canada SUPREME Synthetic™
- Quaker State Ultimate Durability™
- Valvoline SynPower® Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Continue reading A Study of SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oils
AMSOIL has a variety of oils that will protect your snow blower this winter. The first step when deciding what oil to run in your snow blower is to read the users manual. Usually it suggests a 5W-30 or synthetic 0W-30 oil since you’ll be running the equipment in sub-zero temperatures.
Every time someone asks me what oil they should use in their snow blower it usually leads to a much longer conversation as I end up asking these questions.
- Do you have a 2-stroke or 4-stroke engine on your snow thrower?
- What oil are you currently using in your
vehicles or other OPE?
- How cold do you expect winter to be in your area and where do you store your snow blower?
- Do you purchase fuel that doesn’t contain ethanol?
Continue reading Snow Blower Oils